Thursday, June 14, 2012

Summer Well Begun


We went to the Brookfield Zoo to see the Kratt brothers last weekend - approximately a million small children gathered on the grass to make animal noises together.  The show's theme song is still running through my head.




Of course, we spent some time seeing the zoo afterwards - the kids have been many many times (especially the twins) but it was only my second time at the zoo - and the first time I got to see any of the animals!  Not that they stood still for pictures.






They love the carousel.  It puzzles me a bit, because, as rides go, isn't it kind of, you know, boring?  But obviously not too slow for them.




Back at home, we suited up and played with the neighbors in a splash pool.  And Lizzie practiced her swing... she seems to bat and golf lefty so far, even though she's a righty for most things.  (Teddy's the reverse, actually, in both cases.  But much less driven to hit balls with bats, just at present.)  I hear she won't be eligible for organized t-ball for another two years, which seems a shame.





Spencer came away from the pool and announced "I'm going to bask in the sun!"  Then, a bit later, he told us all "I'm sun-basking!"



Then yesterday we braved the crowds and checked out the public pool. Which wasn't crowded at all. Huh. It was a bit cooler, but the water still felt pretty good. And the pool has a very gradual area where it's great for the little ones; I don't feel like one of the kids about to drown quite as constantly as I usually do.




Finally, hot dogs and ice cream!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home