Monday, May 08, 2006

New Favorite Activity

There's a new favorite toy in the house:

The picture above is a rarity because SA is standing still - he's usually tearing around the the house pushing his Mickey Mouse firetruck as fast as it will go. Initially, he just pushed it straight, and when he got stuck he backed up a few inches and tried to push harder (slam! into the wall. And slam!!! again. The strategy worked with the cats, and with the dining room chairs, but not much else.) This week he learned to navigate - he goes around the sofa, quick stop at the TV to play with the buttons on the stereo, back into the kitchen, with a quick stop at the cat's dish to see if I'm watching, and then out to try to shove his way through the maze of chairs under the dining room table.

The truck is a hit at the playground, too - this afternoon, SA wandered off to play with a big green ball for a while, and a couple 3-year-olds spent a quarter of an hour racing the firetruck around, and ended up in a fight over it (I think their moms were relieved when I asked for it back.)

In other news:

- One of SA's recent favorite foods include chicken nuggets (shaped like dinosaurs! Not that SA cares, since I cut them up for him.)

- He absolutely hated the whole wheat bread I bought from Costco, so I got another brand today, and it was ok. I couldn't figure out what flavor was there that he disliked so much - they seemed pretty similar to me.

- He was waving and saying "bye-bye" the other day, but I haven't been able to get him to repeat it. I can't honestly say that he says Mama or Dada or anything else intentionally yet.

- His throwing skills are better every day - he loves balls, and tosses them all over the house.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home