Sunday, February 05, 2006

Mobile

Over the last week or so, SA seems to have achieved mobility. Sure, he could push himself around a bit before, and in theory he could roll wherever he wanted to go. But in practice, I could leave him in the living room and fix myself a sandwich in the kitchen, and as long as I checked every half minute or so, he wasn't too far from where I left him.

Now I need to take him to the kitchen with me, or else he wanders unpredictably. Using real, traditional crawling, on hands and knees.

So, we knew we needed to babyproof before. But now we really really need to babyproof. There are little plastic gizmos in sockets. There are covers for power strips, and locks for drawers and cabinets. And, we worked out that the baby gates we inherited from friends won't work on our stairs, so now we have a new set (not yet installed, but they will be tomorrow.)



RB and I intend to put together some music samples at some point, and let people guess... avant-garde jazz or baby pounding piano? Really, it's harder to tell than you'd think.


The toys SA would like to play with most are the things he considers my toys - the phone, camera, and especially the laptop. I spent ten minutes today playing with one of his toys, hoping he'd suddenly find it fascinating. No good.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home