Saturday, September 06, 2008

Milestones, and an Announcement

Looks who's riding a big kid bike now (well, he still rides his trike too):


And even bigger, look who went off to his first day of school last Tuesday!


Of course, it's just preschool, and the whole first week was just an hour to get kids used to it. But it's our local public school, and he wears a uniform and everying! Starting Monday he'll be spending the whole mornings there, while I wander around angst-ridden. Despite lots of questions, I haven't heard what he actually does at school yet, beyond playing with cars - hopefully I'll get more information out of him this week. I'm not ready for the sullen teenager thing just yet.

In other news... probably everyone who stops by from time to time has already heard that I'm pregnant. Very pregnant. As in, more than 7 months along with fraternal twins, one girl and one boy. Which means there's almost 10 pounds of infant in my abdomen right now - my recent ultrasound estimate of their weight had the girl at 5 pounds, 3 ounces, and the boy at 4 pounds 8 ounces. So, since SA's birth weight was 7 pounds 0 ounces, I figure I'm about the equivalent of 45 weeks pregnant total, which seems about right given my current comfort level.

Seriously, everything seems to be going just fine so far (knocking on wood), and my guess is that we'll end up scheduling a C-section for sometime in early October.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home