Monday, August 07, 2006

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig....

At least a good solid week of July was lost to the misery of SA's first set of upper molars. Unpleasant teeth. I enjoy chewing my food, of course, but I'm not sure the pleasure is really worth the week of fever, lethargy, and inconsolable sobbing that the poor guy went through.

But he's making up for lost time now. We're enjoying visiting the park, eating lots of new types of food, and chasing after the cats. Seriously, a moment of concern for the cats - they're only now realizing that they probably should have dealt with the interloper last year when he was small and helpless. Now it's too late - and I think we all know nothing is quite so much fun to grab as a twitchy, furry tail.


SA discovered a new skill this last weekend when he climbed up on his little chair:

He promptly dragged it over to the piano where it can now be put to better use - now he can make music and dance to it at the same time:


In important preparatory work for high school, he practiced decorating the living room with toilet paper.


And he talked on the phone. A lot. Of course, if we actually had someone on the other line who wanted to hear him (grandparents, for instance) he clammed right up. He actually connected to an operater earlier today - I heard her saying "Can I help you?" - and panicked and brought me the phone.

Finally, this last weekend we all got to take a trip to Wisconsin, where SA got to drive a boat! (Pedants might note that the boat was anchored at the time. Spoilsports.)


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darling boy. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have pictures now.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home